The Foot and Ankle Department is headed by Dr. Panagiotis Symeonidis and covers the whole range of conservative and surgical treatment of conditions and injuries below the knee level.Read more...
These are divided into the following groups:
Foot and ankle deformities, such as hallux valgus (Bunion), Hallux rigidus, claw toe, hammer toe, foot calluses with accompanying metatarsalgia, flat feet in children and adults, pes cavus and complex deformities.
- Tendon disorders, such as achilles tendonitis, tendon impingement syndromes, posterior tibial tendon insufficiency,
- Chondral and osteochondral lesions of the ankle, tibia and metatarsal heads (Freiberg’s disease)
- Overuse syndromes of the foot and ankle in athletes and dancers
- Neurological conditions affecting the foot, such as foot drop caused by paralysis, spasticity, compression neuropathies (Morton’s neuroma, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome) and Charcot Neuropathic Osteoarthropathy
- foot Injuries (fractures, tendon tears, ligament ruptures) and their sequele, including post-traumatic stiffness, arthritis, joint instability and residual deformities.
At the Department we take advantage of the potentials of conservative and surgical treatment, depending on the diagnosis and the special needs of each patient.
In the field of conservative treatment, contemporary orthotics, personalized insoles, therapeutic injections, taping and targeted physiotherapy are used.
Surgical treatment has the philosophy of applying the appropriate technique to each patient individually for an excellent and permanent result.
We use all modern techniques, such as ankle and hindfoot arthroscopy, tendonoscopy, corrective osteotomies, percutaneous surgery, tendon transfers and arthrodesis.
We always aim to ensure minimum intervention, have excellent equipment and implantable materials of best quality.
All surgeries are performed at Athens Euroclinic by Dr. Panagiotis Symeonidis, who has been specialized in foot surgery in leading centers abroad (Australia, USA, Germany).